Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jackie Moon Lives!



If you haven't seen the Will Farrell basketball spoof of the early days of the ABA, "Semi-Pro", I think it's worth a rental.

Personally, I found it just Semi-Funny, but maybe I need to watch it a few more times to let it grow on me.

Once you've logged that movie, then I URGE you to savor some of the Boston-Orlando series going on right now, because Brian Scalabrine IS Jackie Moon!

Don't believe me? Here's a few comparison pictures, which don't do the scene full justice. If you watch the games, there's big ol' albino Scalabrine lumbering around, pushing guys wildly, chucking up jumpers, and just being a big ol' moose.

In a league that has hyperspaced into the 21st century and beyond with super-freak athletes like Lebron, Wade and Kobe, to think that a throwback caucasian could still roam the landscape is amazing.

Behold this sporting mastadon, while you can hoop fans.

Jackie Moon









Brian Scalabrine







No comments:

Post a Comment