Friday, March 9, 2012
And ain't that fun, kids!
No really, it is kinda cool, that in a day and age in sports where we know everything, can see everything, and stories get leaked well ahead of time, all the time, there are rarely any good mysteries left.
Peyton's New Place, now THAT is a GREAT mystery.
It's such a good "toss-up/blind speculation" that you can actually do a "fantasy style" snake draft with 4 people, and nobody is going to feel cheated in the two teams they pick.
Which is just what we did on my show. It went like this...
1. Linn - MIA (Seemingly the clear frontrunner, a solid #1 overall pick).
2. Czabe - ARZ (Even though it's NFC, so much going for the Cards).
3. Solly - KC (They did it once before with Montana, let's run it back!)
4. Galdi - DEN (Pay no attention to Tebowmania, this would be huge!)
5. Galdi - NYJ (If not for the inconvenient Sanchez thing, makes too much sense).
6. Solly - HOU (A real dark horse, but has most "weapons" already in place).
7. Czabe - WAS (Dan Snyder has money. Everything else is flexible).
8. Linn - SF (Can you imagine healthy Peyton plus that D? Ill-f'ing-LEGAL!)
So there you go. I think we all have a pretty good pair of "tickets" which might come home. And hell, the pool might not even pay out at all! Peyton could end up somewhere totally, gobsmackingly random. Like Seattle. Or with the Giants, as Eli's backup.
If there's one team I think we can safely rule out, it's.... the Colts.
That much, I'm sure of. Anything else.... hmmm.... who knows.