Friday, June 19, 2009

Yo, Yo, Yo! Don't We Look Stupid Now!?


I remain firm in my stance that ex-Giant wideout Plaxico Burress WILL play football for somebody this year.

But only because Peter King INSISTS that it will NOT happen.

I agree with the basic facts that Plaxico's deft slow-walk through the NYC legal system has likely stalled this case until 2010. I agree that Roger Goodell should still be able to keep him suspended until the case is resolved.

I think there's no DOUBT that Plax is guilty of carrying an illegal gun in NYC.

But when King is so sure of something, I just know it's smart to go the other way.

So let's say Goodell gives Plax a pre-emptory 4-game sit down. That gives a team like the Jets a chance to sign him for a 12 game deal this year, with an option for 2010 and beyond assuming the DA doesn't throw the book at him and lock him up for a full year or more.

And just what is happening inside the DA's office in Gotham is a whole 'nother story.

That's easy. There are surely 2-3 teams willing to take that chance. I'm not sure I'd want MY team to do that, but then again my team never does anything smart.

In the meantime, enjoy this photo of Plax and his idiot enabler Antonio Pierce taken the night of the shooting. I love the cockiness. I love the bad ass t-shirts saying something about living fast and dying young.

I only wish I could have seen a photo of these knobs once Plax's leg started leaking like a zip lock bag full of water. Oh, snap! What do we do? I know, let's try to cover it up!

Grow up, fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment