Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Believe It Or Not, Redskins Season Tickets Are Still Readily Available

You might think that with the first NFC East title in 13 years, a quarterback with the #1 selling jersey in the NFL, combined with a trimming of seats at Jack Kent Cooke's hastily constructed and largely charmless colossus in the heart of PG county, that the Redskins would be fresh out of seats for this coming season.

You would be wrong.
TO: Czabe
FROM: Mike Enos 
Czabe, 
I have never signed up for Redskins Season tickets...ever, but today I got a cold call (Translated below via Google Voice). Last year I took my kids to the Redskins fan day at training camp, and made the mistake of "registering" online, so I assume that's where they got my phone number.

"Hi Mike, This is XXXX with the Washington Redskins. I'm calling to congratulate you. Her name is finally made it to the top of our season ticket we left. You are now eligible to purchase 2013 season tickets that this is something that's still interested or if you haveany questions please give me a call back at (301) 276-6033. Thank you." 
Anyway, I guess their "huge" backlog of season ticket requests ain't what it used to be...
The "waiting list" myth has been blown completely out of the water by now. It's a "marketing" or "target" list, at best. That said, the "season tickets" currently available are pretty crappy seats, in the team's defense. So they are grinding to fill up the upper reaches of that place, not the bulk of the season seats.

But at this point... I wonder if FedEx Field will EVER be truly "sold out" like the olden, golden days of RFK? I mean, are we talking back-to-back Super Bowls before the cold calls to people who sign up for a Redskins t-shirt contest end?

I don't know the answer. I know that this guy (/Gruden voice) is pretty damn sweet.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really great package. I was expecting to see a lot of amazing runs, but mostly it was his threat of running opening up passing opportunities, and then he is pinpoint. There was an interesting play against the Bengals where a guy in the passing lane is blocked down just at the right time to keep his hands down. By design? Interesting stuff.
    Elf (Packers fan)

    ReplyDelete