Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pat Riley Was A #12 Too

Betcha didn't know that!

Huzzah huzzah for ol' 12-12-12 day, and all of the mythic #12's in sports.

Obviously, football has the most, and most iconic.

But it was fun to stumble upon THIS page of Laker Lore, for all of the men who wore the dirty dozen in purple and gold.

Not just Riley, but luminaries like Shannon Brown, Jerome Kersey, and the great Mike Pemberthy from Masters College.

Pemberthy has a ring.

Suck on that, Patrick Ewing.

3 comments:

  1. Is that Carl Lewis guarding Riley?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilarious. i was thinking the same thing. Looks like
      Carl Lewis.

      Delete
  2. I've never been to an NBA game. I refuse to spend the money. I'm just too cheap when it comes to that. That said....I did get to see Pemberthy play in college for all of 3 bucks. And I got more than my money's worth....his little bro was fun to watch too. But it wasn't even D1 ball so the level of play wasn't too impresive....hey, the odds were stacked against him to even make an NBA roster.....so it's kind of a feel good story I suppose.

    ReplyDelete