Friday, September 9, 2011
Things I Am No Longer Going To Get Worked Up About Watching The NFL
- Overly long replay reviews
- Late start times for MNF
- Shitty refs
- Illogical suspensions/fines
- Dumb rules (I'm looking at YOU, Mr. "Illegal Shift.")
- Al Michaels' mediocrity
- The Prevent Defense
- Worthless Sideline Announcers
- Obviously botched replay calls
- Rex Grossman
- Mike Shanahan never saying anything of note
- Football Night In America's lack of highlights
- Bad beats against the point spread
In addition, I officially resign from being the one of the NFL's slavishly slobbering media sycophants. Yes, I love football. Especially the "pro" variety. But I'm done "shining the league's shield." I refuse to call it the (/insert faux gravitas) NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE....
Great game. Great athletes. And as for the league itself, eh. I'm done trying to tell it to stop doing the stupid shit it's been doing as of late, on many fronts. Do what you want. Let me know how it works out.
In other words... serenity now.